Things are going to be okay, stuff just goes up and down. I started consulting in 2000 and my industry took a nose dive in 2001.
I still feel okay about the future, and so should you. Things will go on, the world won't end, you don't have to learn hobo-signs (although I suspect a few of you would like that).
Here is a chart where I predict the future:
look at that. everything is pointing up at the end! except the music industry because they are generally bone-heads.
Chillin with Puccini:
New Haircut today, I think this sweater is too small:
Almost broke my neck:
Gillian summoning her power animal:
Tonight I'm going to Providence to hang with Max, Mark, and Ed. Tomorrow: working?
- Cavendish Banana X 2
- Tap water - appx 60oz
- Stout Beer x 1
- Blonde Ale x 1
- India Pale Ale x 2
This clip is stunning, way worse than any of the others I have seen:
Ahhh Wolf, trying to remain so objective.
San Francisco: $142
Someone get on this.
- Depart 7:00 p.m. or later, Friday, September 5, 2008, or anytime Saturday, September 6, 2008.
- Return anytime the following Monday, September 8, 2008, or Tuesday, September 9, 2008.
- Tickets must be purchased by this Friday, August 29, 2008, 11:59 p.m. (CT).
I got a haircut this morning. Possibly the worst I have ever had. That's not true, but I wasn't happy with it at all. My usual guy is gone for a week and I needed one this weekend. Luckly it was more how he styled it that made it look bad than how it was cut.
I worked for a bit then met up with Gillian and my family for dinner at Pho Republique. That place is always so awesome. Afterwards, Gillian and I went to Finale for some tasty desert.
I came home just now to find my door unlocked, my lights on, and my windows open. It appears that someone took the liberty to come in and take some things from my apartment.
Here is what was taken:
- something from my bathroom closet, I can't tell what but I can just tell that something is missing. Maybe asprin or toilet paper, I guess I'll figure it out when I need it.
- One leather jacket. I never wear it, but have always been meaning to break it in
- Some button down shirts from my closet, I don't know what ones
- 3 large jars of coins. They took the coins but left the jars. I need to do laundry tomorrow and now I don't have any quarters
- One broken iBook laptop. I have two broken iBooks and they only took one. I guess that is all the broken laptop you need.
- I think I bottle of wine, but I don't know for sure.
I called gillian and had a good laugh about this silly random list of things and generally feeling pretty upbeat about the whole situation - after all they didn't take my wii, xbox, nintendo ds, television, stereo, or lcd monitor. My demeanor soured when Gill reminded me of what I brought home from the office the other day that was sitting on my coffee table this morning:
- Nikon d80
- Nikon SB-800 Flash
- NIKKOR 60mm f/2.8D Lens
- NIKKOR 16-85 f/3.5 VR Lens
This really ruined my night. The above items cost somewhere around $3,000 and were all bought in the last month. We had just bought the d80 because one we had previously was stolen from a van in NJ towards the end of last year.
I think insurance will cover most of it but I am really sad because I am leaving for NYC on Monday and was hoping to do some photography while I was there. I've been trying to shoot a roll of film (virtual film as it may be) every day. I didn't take it with me this morning because I was running late for my haircut and had to ride my bike.
I almost left my new Macbook Pro on my counter when I was running late but went back for it at the last minute. I'm thanking my stars for that because that has projects I am currently working on which can't be replaced with anything less than sweat and staying up late.
I am leaving for New York on Monday. We sublet an apartment on the east side below canal for the month of June.
I think our schedules for being in the city look like this:
6/2 - 6/11 - Tea
6/2 - 6/4 - Gillian
6/13 - 6/16 - Tea & Gillian - Renegade Craft Fair, Brooklyn
6/20 - 6/22 - Tea
6/23 - 6/30 - Gillian
This will probably change, but if you live in NYC, lets hang out.
In July we are doing the Renegade Craft Fair in San Fransisco. We are looking into renting an apartment or something for that too but haven't nailed down anything yet.